Catching Up on 2015 & 2016
Hello fellow TRF drivers & blog members! As I've been quiet for the majority of 2015 and early 2016, let's do a quick recap of what's been going on with me (on and off the track):
- Welcomed our first child, a baby boy named Max in 2015!
30th Annual Pro-Line Cactus Classic @ HobbyTown USA-Phoenix, AZ
- Qualified 8th & Finished 4th in 13.5 4wd
25th Annual Asphalt Challenge @ HobbyTown USA-Gilbert, AZ
- Qualified & Finished 1st in F1
- Qualified 7th & Finished 2nd in Mod TC
- Qualified 6th & Finished 3rd in 17.5 Expert TC
3rd Annual Pro-Line Indoor Off-Road Championships @ Warehouse 3-Peoria, AZ
- Qualified & Finished 2nd in 13.5 2wd
- Qualified 5th & Finished 4th in Modified 4wd
- 30th Annual Pro-Line Cactus Classic @ HobbyTown USA-Phoenix, AZ
Founded Maxline R/C Products & Accessories
- Manufacturing products such as aluminum steering wheels for all popular brands of transmitters, closed cell foam car stands for a variety of vehicle types & sizes, and also LED pit boards.
- Check out more information & pictures here: http://www.facebook.com/MaxlineRC
Raced in my first ever Arizona Off-Road Promotions race in my Rzr 900XP
- Check out the recap here: http://www.dragonfireracing.com/blog/482/from-the-dunes-to-the-track
I've included loads of picture from my fun on and off the track over the past few months, enjoy!
My plans for 2016 include signifcanlty investing more time into my on-road race program. With on-road thriving in Arizona due to all of the effort from the Arizona Scale Racers (more info at www.ArizonaScaleRacers.com), I'm getting more and more wheel time with my TRF419, TRF417V5, TRF101, and TRF102. I can't wait for the upcoming 26th Annual Asphalt Challenge being hosted by ASR @ Straight Line Suspension in Mesa, AZ (link to flyer: https://arizonascaleracers.com/pages/2016-asphalt-challenge). I haven't forgotten about off-road but due to my increased family commitments, I'll be racing more on-road as the track is located closer to me. However, the rumor mill has been finally vindicated as Larry Tom, owner of HobbyAction in Tempe, AZ has confirmed plans for a second facility in Chandler, AZ that will house a full service hobby shop along with an indoor off-road track! Check out all the latest with HobbyAction at http://www.hobbyaction.net .
I will be posting my preperation for the Asphalt Challenge on TeamTRF's blog along with my twitter account, @MacAZRacing.
Until next time, have fun & good luck racing!